Paper / Films / Foils
Paper Roll Hardness Tester – PaperSchmidt
The PaperSchmidt is the first rebound hammer designed specifically for paper roll hardness testing. Extensive field tests carried out at major manufacturers and converters in the US and Europe have consistently shown that it provides previously unachievable roll-profiling accuracy and repeatability.
The instrument is fully compliant with the TAPPI T834 om-07 standard used in North America to regulate roll hardness testing and it delivers instantly all of the key parameters required for assessing the quality of paper rolls.
- It has a high compliance plunger and a revolutionary measurement principle that is independent of the angle of impact. This gives the PaperSchmidt its “Best in Class” roll profiling performance.
- The paper roll profile can be viewed directly on the integrated display.
- The user interface is highly intuitive and language independent.
- The instrument provides an automatic calculation of the average paper roll hardness, the range and standard deviation.
- It can also be programmed to indicate immediately if pre-set max/min values are exceeded.
- A high quality robust construction, a sealing system and specially treated impact plungers greatly extend the lifetime of the instrument beyond that of any comparable product – significantly reducing maintenance costs in a heavy usage industry.
- The unit can be easily programmed for individual user requirements
|Impact energy||0.735 Nm|
|Hammer mass||115 g|
|Spring constant||0.262 N/mm|
|Spring extension||75 mm|
|Dimensions of housing||55 x 55 x 250 mm (2.16” x 2.16” x 9.84”), 340 mm (13’’) to tip of plunger|
|Dimensions (plunger visible part)||94 x ø15 mm (3.7” l. x 0.59” diam.), radius of spherical tip is 25 mm (0.98”)|
|No. of series names||50 series names. Each name can be up to 12 characters long|
|Memory capacity||Dependent on length of test series |
Example 1 - 401 series with 10 values per series
Example 2 - 246 series with 20 values per series
|Display||17 x 71 pixels, graphic|
|Power consumption||~13 mA measuring, ~4 mA set-up and review, ~0.02 mA idle|
|Accumulator duty||>5000 impacts between charges|
|Charger connection||USB Typ B (5 V, 100 mA)|
|Accumulator capacity||~150 mAh|
|Operating temperature||0 to 50 °C (32 to 122 °F)|
|Storage temperature||-10 to 70 °C (14 to 158 °F)|